1946 Ermini FIAT 1100 Bertone
All photography work is copyrighted by the author,please don't download and publish these pictures in the internet without my permission!
Larger high quality pictures is available up on request! Vasileios Papaidis 2015 © All Rights Reserved
ERMINI 1100 SPORT
ENGINE: 305909 (Uff.106551)
APPROVAL ASI: 5113
FIVA PASSPORT: 040275
This car has experienced three different times in his career.
It was founded in 1946 by a special commission by the "Scuderia Milan" Milan to Carrozzeria Bertone, for the construction of a sports car, aluminum chassis of Fiat 1100B modified; Home manufactures and delivers only two of the original four specimens required.
For the engine it contacts Fiat 1100B that is modified and enhanced with suggested interventions dall'ing.Speluzzi the Politecnico di Milano.
The two cars are one subject to the President of the Scuderia, sig.Ruggeri, which destroys its second participation, and the other to Tazio Nuvolari; The specimen in question is the latter.
With "Nivola" takes part in the following events:
23/6 / 1946- 2nd Circuit Champion Italy: withdrawal for illness of the pilot;
8/9 / 1946- 1st Circuit of Lido di Venezia: withdrawal for failure to clutch;
22/9 / 1946- 1st Circuit Asti; withdrawal for failure clutch (fastest lap).
1947 - Circuit Sanremo
Still, with the pilot Franco Masters, race at the Circuit of Luino 4 August of the same year where, confirming his skills and speed (v.Auto Italian 08/01/1946), follows the 2nd place in the category of rookie drivers,
Ahead of the 1947 season the Scuderia Milan disposes of the car, to return to those of "formula", and this is bought by "Pasquino" Ermini which has just formed the soc. TESS (Head Hemispheric Super Sport) rl.
The symbol of the company (a rumble with overdubbed as "Tess" with inside the lily of Florence topped by a race car) is still affixed to the nose.
The engine is radically transformed: the head now has two camshafts and is topped by two new Weber carburetors 32 RDP (item Nos series 36-38)
With this car Ermini debut the same year at the Circuit of Piacenza, where in the class up to 1100 cc. the front row but not conlcude the race, then also competes in the Grand Prix of Rome, at the Circuit of Caracalla, in which the Ferrari 125S with Cortese follows his first success for the Maranello marque. There is a photo where the two cars were side by side.
In the same 1947 he was entrusted to the gentleman driver Siro Sbraci, of Florence, who is also a member of the adventure Ermini motoring, with which it has acceded to the Circuit of the Montenero (Livorno), where he obtained a 2nd place.
The car at the end of the season is officially sold Siro Sbraci, which for the previous success has reason to be enthusiastic, and his leadership has participated in numerous events in Tuscany (Circuito delle Cascine in Florence - Firenze-Fiesole 2nd -Coppa Tuscany) and also outside the region (perhaps Pescara Circuit 12th).
In 1948 irreparable failure requires replacement of the engine crankcase with the utilization of that of the Fiat 1100S, much more performance; the power now reaches about 92cv current.
The car is sold to the pilot pur'esso Florentine Carlo Meoni, who in 1949 spoke to several races including the Firenze-Fiesole and the Giro di Toscana.
In 1951 it was finally purchased by the Pesaro rider Bruno Maroccini with which it signs up immediately at the Giro di Sicilia, 1952; here, at dawn, after a night of "throttle", now on the outskirts of Palermo, when it is about to triumph in its class, even before the Osca MT4 official Piotti, off the road ends the dream.
From left, fortunately, it remains severely damaged only the front end so that the Maroccini, who is also a talented panel beaters in a body known at the time (see Ortolani of Pesaro A.Curami "The sport"), it creates a new one similar in every for all to Ferrari 225S.
The time needed to restore the car and Maroccini right back to the races participating in the Mille Miglia of the same year (409), however, when a steering problem forced him to retire in Ravenna.
Later in the participation in tenders is frequent, street circuits (Senigallia) and uphill races see it excel, especially in the latter.
At the end of the '52 season, always driving the Maroccini, participates in the national finals of the Silver Wheel in Catanzaro, finishing in 2nd place; the plaque of the event, in memory of the prestigious result, is proudly displayed on the left side of the car.
By 1954 the car ends its competitive activity and has since remained practically stationary, used occasionally for pleasure; It has not undergone any restoration work and is therefore "preserved" 100%.
Probably is one of the few, if not the only, "boat" in activities under the same conditions originating in the year, the blooms of its aluminum are its pride and are a source of pride.
His story "modern" refers the following competitive results in the classic regularity
1° TARGA FLORIO 1999
1° GIRO DI SICILIA 1999
1° COPPA DEL MONTENERO 2010
1° COPPA CIDONIO “CIRCUITO DI COLLEMAGGIO” 2005
1° TARGA PRESIDER 2012
1° SVOLTE DI POPOLI CLASSICA 2012
2° TARGA FLORIO 2000
2° GIRO DI SICILIA 2000
2° COPPA D’ORO DOLOMITI 2002
2° COPPA D’ORO DOLOMITI 2003
4° MILLE MIGLIA 1996
5° MILLE MIGLIA 1998
8° MILLE MIGLIA 1997
23° MILLE MIGLIA 2010
Mauro Giansante at modern Giro di Sicilia
Tazio Nuvolari at Circuito di Asti 1946
Start at Giro di Sicilia 1952
Siro Sbracci at Circuito delle Cascine Firenze 1947
Tazio Nuvolari at Circuito di Asti 1946
B.Maroccini/A.Cardinali at Mille Miglia 1952 start
Ermini in the left at Pesaro at 1953
General Ermini History
From the beginning to the end of the war 1905-1945 Pasquale Ermini named "Pasquino" was one of the most representative Italian, sports car manufactures of '40 and '50 years.(the cause of his premature death is still not known today)He was born in 1905 and he came from Leccio near Florence. In 1927 he completed his technical studies and he joined as an apprentice mechanic in the workshop of a fellow countryman: Emilio Materassi, which had purchased all TALBOT for the Grand Prix of 1926.In 1928, during a Grand Prix of Italy, Materassi had a tragic accident, but the team continued its activities with drivers like: Clemente Biondetti and Gastone Billi Peri. During those years, treading the stage of international competitions, he had the opportunity to do a lot of those experiences and establish interpersonal relationships that in the future will be important.One of the most important person who he met was the engineer Alberto Massimino, they collaborate together in the development of the "twin cam head" of the Fiat-Ermini engine and than they designed the chassis and the mechanics of 357 Ermini. Ermini was able to refine his mechanical concepts thanks to the work realized for the sophisticated 8 cylinders 1500cc super-charge twin cam engine of Talbot cars. In 1932 with the dissolution of the Materassi' team cars, Ermini decided to open his own mechanical workshop in Campo D'Arrigo street n°7 which become the center for preparation of local gentlemen racing cars.Since 1931 he tried to be a driver with a Talbot obtaining good results. Also in the following years he had opportunities to compete, sometimes driving his customer's car like: the Consuma's Cup in 1935, he drove an Alfa Romeo to the Parma-Poggio Berceto in 1937 (here, he won driving a Maserati 4CM), or as in the three editions of the Mille Miglia (1935, 1936, and 1937). He brilliantly prepared cars for a lot of drivers as in the case of the Contini's Alfa Romeo 6c 1500ssdriven along Ermini's foreman Rodolfo Salvadori, beating the competitions of three official Aston Martin reaching 1° place in his class and 9°place overall in the Mille Miglia in 1937.The engine on which the Ermini name was built, a dohc 1100. Pasquino Ermini learnt his trade as a mechanic and driver during the 1920's and 30's with theSquadra Materassi and its Bugatti and Talbot cars. Following the war he built his first car, a combination of a (heavily modified) Fiat 1100 chassis and an Alfa Romeo 2500 engine. With this he competed in various events.