1971 Lola T212
All photography work is copyrighted by the author, please don't download and publish these pictures in the internet without my permission!
Larger high quality pictures is available only for donators up on request! Vasileios Papaidis 2017 © All Rights Reserved
History of the car
The T212 was part of a long series of 2-liter cars made by Lola for the European Sportscar Championship. The preceding Lola T210 was highly successful in the hands of Jo Bonnier, so the design was refined for the 1971 season.
Lola built the T212 as a Group 6 car which made it eligible for hill climbs, sports car racing and endurance racing.
The the T212 typically used a Ford Cosworth FVC engine and was a common chassis in the 2-liter class.
Unlike the spaceframe designs of the competitors, Lola used an aluminum sheet monocoque with a rear subframe for the engine.
The T212 was a common sight in the European 2-Litre Championship and races such as the Monza 1000 Kilometres, Monza 1000 Kilometres, Targa Florio, Nürburgring 1000 Kilometres, Watkins Glen 6 Hours, BRSCC Brands Hatch, Nürburgring 500 Kilometres as well as many Interserie races.
Many race teams in independent racers used the T212. It was primarily championed by Jo Bonnier through Scuderia Filipinetti but other teams Scuderia Brescia Corse, Minilite Ltd., Karl von Wendt Racing and Philips Autoradio raced the T212.
Scuderia Filipinetti (also French name Ecurie Filipinetti) was a Swiss motor racing team that competed in sports car racing and occasionally in Formula One between 1962 and 1973. It was founded by Georges Filipinetti (1907-1973) to support Swiss driver Jo Siffert, but employed many other drivers including Jim Clark, Phil Hill and Ronnie Peterson. Filipinetti initially named the team as Ecurie Nationale Suisse, but changed it after complaints from the Automobile Club de Suisse.
The team ran its cars in a red and white livery and most often used Ferrari cars, although it also employed cars from other manufacturers like FIAT and Chevrolet; the team's 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 made its Le Mans debut in 1968 and returned for the 24 Hours of Le Mans five more times – consecutively – until 1973, a record that remains unbroken by any single chassis.
The car belongs to Stanguellini car collection and raced by Simone Stanguellini in many races.